General · 28th July 2011
In an effort to clear up any confusion regarding the expiry of Assured Loading Tickets (ALTs) and clarify the terms and conditions, BC Ferries recently announced a time-limited, refund offer. For 90 days, from July 26 - October 24, 2011, all expired and valid ALTs purchased between 1984 and July 25, 2011 are eligible for a full refund. The amount of the refund will reflect the number of tickets remaining and the value of the ALTs at the time of original purchase. To request a refund or obtain more information please visit, bcferries.com. Refunds will not be available at BC Ferries terminals. Proof of purchase such as receipt or credit card statement is required for all refunds. After October 24, 2011 this offer will no longer be available. All other terms and conditions of the ALT product, Experience Card and Coast Card continue to apply.
As of November 1, 2011, ALT users must register their cards online and agree to the terms and conditions before an ALT purchase can be completed. This will ensure that BC Ferries can contact ALT users with product information if needed. Beginning November 1, 2011 customers purchasing ALTs will be issued a new card.
BC Ferries is taking this opportunity to remind customers about the terms and conditions of the ALT product:
• ALTs expire two years after the month of purchase.
• Expired ALTs cannot be used for travel or be refunded.
• The value of expired ALTs is not refundable but may be used toward the purchase of a new set of ALTs for a grace period of six (6) months after expiry.
• After the six-month grace period, any remaining value is forfeited.
• ALTs provide priority travel on three Vancouver Island/Mainland routes: Tsawwassen-Swartz Bay; Tsawwassen-Duke Point; and Horseshoe Bay-Departure Bay.
• ALTs must be presented to the ticket agent at least 20 minutes before scheduled departure time.
• The cost of 10 ALTs is currently $1,250.
• ALTs cannot be purchased individually.
• One ALT covers one personal vehicle (up to 2.13 metres or 7 feet in height, up to 6.10 meters or 20 feet in length) plus driver fare.
For more information or to claim a refund, please visit bcferries.com or call us at 1 888 223 3779.