General · 17th May 2012
2012 SEAFEST - Saturday May 19th
Squirrel Cove, Cortes Island
How to be a most excellent Cortes seafoodie at the Oyster Festival...
• Be willing to try oyster sausage pearls;
• If you are bringing your car; give a ride to folks walking toward Squirrel Cove, especially if they are waving oyster shells;
• Enjoy it all: the sun, the food and the people;
• Take festival treats home for dinner by purchasing very local seafood from the product sales table;
• Send Emilia and Gunnar Hansen to the London 2012 Olympics to see their grandson Alec Page swim, by purchasing a ticket for the 50/50 draw;
• Bring extra money and check out local crafts, baked goods, posters, aprons;
• Bring your friends that don't eat seafood; the TeenSzene are grilling burgers and serving hotdogs;
• Enjoy all the musicians including late additions Eric Fine, Liesa, and Stephano Paradiso
• Check the wait here for a ride area and give visitors a lift to the ferry on your way home;
Serving begins at 11:30 until 4 ish.
Tickets will be available at the festival. $18.00/adults.
The bus is almost full.... our FREE shuttle to Seafest 2012 visitors from the ferry to the festival is by reservation only. Call Blanca, the Cortes Connection driver at 250.203.2364 to make reservations for yourself, friends and family or email cortesconnectiongmail.com
The festival starts at 11:30 and food will be served until 4 ish.
We hope to see you there!**
The Free Shuttle is available to visitors thanks to the Cortes Connection and the Coastal Community Credit Union.