Events · 20th June 2013
Come one... Come all! THEATRE QUADRA MANAGEMENT GROUP’s 2013 POTLUCK AND ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING Tuesday, 25 June 2013, 5:00 p.m. Taku Lodge
Theatre Quadra (TQ) is a non-profit organization that strives to provide:
• theatrical productions that entertain and enrich our community
• creative outlets for youth and adults to develop and showcase their dramatic talents
• learning experiences in all aspects of theatre production and management
This year, TQ’s AGM will be held on June 25, in the Roundhouse at Taku Resort. This is your chance to rub elbows with the great (and soon to be great) members of Quadra’s lively theatrical community, dine on dramatically delicious Quadra cuisine, take out your TQ membership, and elect, or join, the TQ Management Group for 2013/14.
• TQ membership sign-up will be from 5:00 to 5:15. Membership for the year is $10 per person, which qualifies you to run for, and vote for, the management group. It also includes discounts on TQ production tickets.
• The Annual General Meeting will take place from 5:15 to 5:45-ish. As you may know, Theatre Quadra is a committee of the Quadra Island Recreation Society. As such, we don’t have a Board of Directors, but we do have a Management Group whose role is to plan, coordinate and support TQ productions, and other activities such as training and fund-raising. There are nine positions in the group – two co-chairs, a secretary, and six coordinators. During the AGM, we will nominate and elect TQ members for these positions. (We encourage you to contact theatrequadragmail.com to learn more about these positions and consider a role for yourself on our dynamic team.)
• Dinner will follow the AGM. TQ will provide plates, glasses, cutlery and some snack foods. There is a warming oven at the room, so you can bring hot foods to share.
After two years and four productions, the TQ management group is eager for new energy and enthusiasm to replace retiring members, and to fill some new positions. It's theatre for all of us... so step up, join in and help set the stage for outstanding live theatre in our community ¬¬– play a role in shaping the future!
Please respond to theatrequadragmail.com by June 20, so that we can plan for the number of people expecting to attend.
See you there!